Monday, April 5, 2010

Bliss

I had a moment of pure bliss this evening as I rocked in my glider with a freshly bathed Cooper in my arms.  I rocked and just took one deep breath after another taking in the smell of Johnson and Johnson's lotion and  I just payed attention to his weight in my arms.  How empty they felt before he came into my life...

I am just so thankful...so utterly happy...for him.  I don't care about what he's doing versus the other babies in our lives...all I know is that I'm thankful for him to be alive.  My baby...the one the doctors thought I should terminate...my baby that was born 2 months early...my baby who amazes me everyday with everything that he does...

He is my bliss...

I love you, Coop~

5 comments:

  1. I have a similar post on my own blog about this exact moment! It's the BEST moment of the whole day. A freshly washed baby smelling so clean, nursing, and just rocking them to sleep. It's by far my most favorite time of the day. Seems like it's one of yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Jen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes. He is SUCH a cute baby, and I can only imagine the joy that he brings you! I can't wait to meet him in December!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Such amazing little ones we have!

    ReplyDelete