Tuesday, January 19, 2010
He is still on the Zantac twice a day which is supposed to take away some of the acid that comes up with the spit-up to give the poor guy some comfort. Still waiting on that to work. I contacted his doctor's office yesterday and they recommended give him some rice cereal in his bottle. Yeah, did it for one bottle and I won't be doing that one again. The doctor wanted us to put one tablespoon for every ounce...and, we actually just put one teaspon in 2 ounces because her orders seemed like a lot for such a small baby. Anyhow, we spent most of the night with a very tired but couldn't fall asleep because of stomach pains baby. It was terrible and I am still riddled with guilt.
We bought him a Nap.nanny which is supposed to help babies with reflux, colic, ear infections, and colds. The one positive is that he is sleeping more comfortably, as evidenced by the photos below...
Otherwise, I'm settling into mommyhood quite nicely. He is such a cuddle bug! We have our little rountine set and I feel blessed to be able to be at home with him all day.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Cooper has been home for one month! It has been such a journey adjusting to having a baby at home and my days and nights just fly by...which is sad because he'll be a big boy before I know it! **sigh**
I did video to document his first month home. I'm trying to document a lot of this stuff for him so that he'll have stuff to look back on when he gets older. I always hated that I didn't have a babybook to look at when I was a kid so he'll have tons to look with his babybook, photo albums, and video montages!
**TURN OFF PLAYER PRIOR TO STARTING VIDEO**
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
It takes just a second to say "hi!"
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Ali and Jessica nominated me for this award and I'm super excited to do it and pass it along to other beautiful bloggers! I think both of you are beautiful mommies and thank you for all of your kind words and support to me!
The rules are simple: just give 7 facts about you and then nominate 7 people for the beautiful blogger award...
1. I'm more into the quality of friends than I am the quantity of friends. My closest girlfriends are people from my hometown that I grew up with...literally, one of my bestfriends is a girl that I met in the third grade! Another one of my bestfriends is a girl that I met in the tenth grade. And, my other bestfriend is my sister and well, she's 30....(hehehehe, she's going to be peeved that I put her age on here)
2. I watch a lot of terrible t.v. and I need to stop because its bad for Cooper. In one day, I can watch Snapped, Keeping up with the Kardashians, ugh, even Jersey Shores. I'm very educated so I don't know what deep part of me enjoys this crap. Case in point, The Bad Girls Club is playing in the background as I type...
3. I LOVE chocolate! Screw real food when there's chocolate around!
4. I LOVE reading. My hubby had to build a ceiling to floor bookcase to store all of the books that I fly through...I've been reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series which I highly recommend by the way...
5. I HATE when books are made into movies. The Other Boleyn Girl, do I even need to say more?
6. I don't own a designer purse even though my hubby has been dying to buy me one...I cannot put serious money into a purse when there are so many purses on the clearance rack at Kohls...My hubby did buy me a Coach wallet for Christmas though and I do love it :)
7. I'm ready to move to a different part of the country. I am SICK of the summers in Georgia! I love New England but am sure that I will despise the winters up there...I need to live somewhere with PERFECT weather. Any suggestions?
So, I nominate the following...
Emalee @ I am me
Bree @ butterflybaby15
Susan @ jeffsusangracie
Jess @ peacelikeariver-elianagrace
Em @ emiwantsababy
Amanda @ kellarlifeafterlossI wish that I could nominate all of the blogs that I read on a daily basis :( I tried to nominate some of the newer blogs that I read so that I can learn some off the wall things about newer members to our community. And, a few of them were nominated because the mommas are just fabulous and I expect their answers to be hilarious...Anyways, these are some of the blogs that I wish I didn't have to read because it would mean that their precious babies were with them...
Monday, January 4, 2010
I love his onesie...he got the memo :)
Friday, January 1, 2010
The hospital has arranged for a developementalist to come to the house and see where is he is lacking or advancing in his developement according to his gestational age. We went to his ped on Monday and he weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz. which is double his birthweight! He eats every 2-3 hours so its not surprising to me that he is growing so rapidly!
He is more active during the day and we are working on his tummy time. He's amazing with his tummy time and can already pick up his head and move it to the other side. He makes mommy so proud!
He gets his two month vaccinations on Monday and his second Synagist shot on Wednesday. He still has his heart murmur and we'll see the pediatric cardiologist in February. He continues to have problems with reflux which I'm logging and his ped will probably put him on a reflux med at his appointment on Monday.
He is such a cuddle bug! He HAS to sleep on mommy's chest for 15-20 minutes after a feeding otherwise he won't sleep in his bed. He has me wrapped around his little finger but I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Daddy has volunteered to do all of the feedings for tonight so that I can recharge so I leave you with a pic from today...