Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our first time in a lighthouse!

Normally, I say things like "Cooper's first time ____" but this time it was Team Nolf's first time being in a lighthouse! The three of us climbed the 178 steps from the bottom to the top of Tybee's lighthouse! We still use our Boba baby/toddler carrier (it goes up to 45 pounds!) so we strapped Cooper on daddy and made the trek up to the top!



My menfolk and a lighthouse :)



This was about the half-way point of the journey to the top...

Then, the top which was actually pretty scary! It was all I could do to put my hand on that railing because I had just been scaling the wall like a scaredy cat, lol...(I don't know why this pic is sideways. It did the same thing when I posted it on fb)



Coop was unimpressed with the climb or the scenry from up top but was obssessed with a keychain that my niece bought him from the giftshop...



I love this pic that I snapped with my phone :)




4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We're nowhere near an ocean or a lighthouse. We did climb to the top of the tallest inland lighthouse in the states, though. It wasn't that cool. We got a good view of the city, but somehow I think the ocean would be a lot cooler to see than the Wal-Mart parking lot.
    LOVE that pic you took with your phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat - I don't think I've ever done that either! And that last shot - awesome. Walking. With his daddy. awesome.

    ReplyDelete