Sunday, February 21, 2010

Settled in...

The first few weeks, heck, maybe the first month that Cooper was home was...shall, we say rough for mommy. His reflux was driving me crazy and getting used to less sleep was so much more difficult than I'd imagined...but, now we're in a nice little routine and I'm loving the business of being mommy. I don't know if I'm just getting more comfortable with taking care of this adorable little human but now I can't even remember my life before him.

On a bright note, Cooper is now only waking up twice a night to eat which works great for me. He goes to bed around 10 PM and wakes up to eat at 3 AM then again to eat at 6-7 AM...and, then we're kinda up for the day. We have succesfully managed the plan of being awake for an hour or two than taking a nap versus sleeping the whole day and partying the whole night!

His reflux is so much better and he continues to be on the Prevacid. We're now back on a milk based formula (Enf.amil Gentl.ease and its working like a dream. It looks like it was just the Neo.sure that he couldn't handle...he is happier than I've ever seen him when it comes to eating. His little legs are getting so chunky :)

He loves to go to the movies and so far as seen The Lovely Bones, Avatar, and Dear John. He either sleeps or just watches things move on the screen. He doesn't get antsy at all and I bet most people don't even know that he's there! We do go to matinees though so that there aren't many people there just to be on the safe side...

Cooper went on his first walk yesterday on the trail behind our house because it was just a glorious day! He slept most of the way but would occasionally open his eyes and just look around. He was adorable.

As you can tell, I'm not following all of the isolation precautions that they tell you to follow with a preemie this time of year. I am very cautious though about sick people being around him and I keep antibacterial cleaner with me at all times. I don't touch a doorhandle anywhere without cleaning my hands prior to touching him again. I can count on my two handles the number of people that have held him since he's been home from the hospital. I'm really a snob when it comes to people touching him but we're almost out of RSV season so we can make our official debut to the world by the end of March.

Taking a break from our stroll on a park bench~
Just being simply irresistible~

Talking to mommy~

He has just the cutest smile and is "talking" a lot these days~
Froggie was having a rough day in this one~


  1. He looks so happy and so healthy. I'm glad you're getting out a bit more. I love the idea of the movies. I'll have to remember that when Aren starts working full-time and I'm going stir crazy.

  2. What a cute little man! I'm glad you're all adjusting!

  3. What a little sweetheart, I love all your pics!! I'm glad you are feeling more settled into the routine of taking care of him, and so glad his reflux is improving. We dealt with that with both our boys and it wasn't fun. Blessings!

  4. Jen, he just is so beautiful!! I am so glad to hear that all is going well and that he is getting into a wonderful routine. *hugs*

  5. Love the bench photo! I'm sure it was great to get out and about on what was clearly a pretty day.

  6. So happy to hear things are either improving or just getting easier! I must say the golden rule for me too was to have a set routine. Once they settled into that it just made life a breeze. Other than that one only has to follow your heart and you go Girl! He is simply adorable and I am sure you have a ball with him, how else? Lol!
    hugs xxxx