Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A surprise visit!

Now, that Cooper is in school and has therapy 3 times a week after school, I absolutely treasure any "free" time that we can squeeze in.  I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom and I'm sad that we're entering that age where he's spending time away from me.  I tell myself that he only goes to school until 12 (4 days a week) and we pretty much have the afternoons to ourselves BUT I hate sharing him with anyone, lol.  But, anyways...

Cooper's speech therapist is out sick so I surprised Coop with a trip to the zoo instead!  It was about 50 degrees and for whatever reason, the zoo is pretty deserted if it's under 60 degrees (spoiled southerners, myself included! Hahaha!) so we pretty much had the run of the place until after lunch.  Despite the chilliness, we pretty much saw all the animals, did the petting zoo, rode the train and played on the playground...he doesn't nap but I imagine he's going to go to sleep pretty easy tonight!


The flamingos were pretty upset that this blue heron flew into their exhibit.  Cooper found this pretty entertaining and kept doing the sign for "more"... 



"Meerkat Coop"
 



Cute little birdie!
 

 
The mommy and baby gorillas were spending a lot of time by the glass. It was so cute and it was great because a couple of the volunteers were able to give us the "family" tree on all of the gorillas and which ones were related to Willie B.  Also, I didn't know that Willie B's ashes are kept in the Willie B statue!  I'm sure I'm just late to the show on this info, lol



A quick snack in the komodo dragon exhibit.  You can see the "dragon" as I was calling him to Cooper in the background.
 



"I see you!"
 



He kept hugging the goats. I just gave up and let him and I'm praying that some strange goat flu epidemic doesn't start...
 



He pretty much had the run of the playground which I like because he's able to take his time and be safe (with my sweet nagging).  The thing about kids with Autism and SPD is that their safety awareness is pretty non-existent so I didn't have to worry about other kids getting pushy and impatient. 
 




My goal for 2014 is to get better about blogging our adventures so here's to snagging a few minutes during quiet time! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment