Sunday, September 13, 2009

Go on Cooper with your bad self :)

Twice a day for an hour we are connected to the fetal heart monitoring machine with the contraction machine (I have to learn the name for this process~ does anyone on here know? I can just ask the next nurse) and he hates every moment of this monitoring.

Last night we were hooked up for an hour and a half because he moved 3 times! At one point his heart rate dropped but the nurse thinks that he just rolled onto his cord for a second and that there was no need to worry. This morning, he did fabulous! The nurse said that he did better than most of the 32 weekers on the hall. He made me so proud! On Friday during the ultrasound they showed us that he's already practicing his breathing and we got to see his lungs moving up and down. I just am so in awe of this little man~ he just keeps surprising everyone on how healthy and developed that he is already!

So, I pray very hard that the Lord keeps His hands wrapped tightly around my uterus and that it continues to remain stable.

68 days to go :)

4 comments:

  1. It's a non stress test. I had them once a week at 28 weeks and twice a week at 32 weeks. I could have done them myself by the end, as I'm sure you will be able to as well!

    I'm glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, sounds like you have a strong little man. Sounds like Lilly is protecting her little brother and watching over him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    You do not even know me and I really can not even remember how I stumbled across your blog, but I do check it here and there and have to say you have a beautifull baby angel with Lily and a cute one on the way.
    I just want you to know you are in my prayers and that I know what it is like to stay in a hospital those final weeks. Although our situations are different.
    Anyway back to my point :) I would like to invite you to visit my church web site www.southlandchristian.org all our services are recorded on there and it always helped me pass time while in the hospital and stay positive.
    Best of luck to you and your Cooper. Im sure his big sister is looking over him.
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen it sounds wonderfulllll! God is great! Hugs and lots of love to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete