Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cooper's 6 month wellness visit!

We went to Cooper's 6 month wellness visit on Monday and I'm glad to report that his preemie body is finally becoming more proportional!!! He weighs 16 pounds 9 ounces which is 4 times his birthweight and his 26 1/2 inches long which is 10 inches longer than when he was born. So, his weight puts him in the 25% and his height into the 50%...his head didn't even make it on the charts at his 4 month check-up but his head is now in the 50%!!! He is just growing by leaps and bounds!

We have a physical therapy eval for next Tuesday for Torticollis and the fact that he still won't put weight on his legs. Although, our ped is convinced that he won't put weight on his legs because he's lazy...I would tend to agree...

She does still hear his heart murmur which I had hoped she would say that she didn't...6 more months to close up or he has to have a heart cath surgery...and, MY heart can't take that kind of stress!!!! He does still have his hydroseal (one of his testicles is retaining fluid)...so, really we just have a list of small things that preoccupy my mind BUT to have a preemie that is doing this good is a BLESSING!

The bummer news is that Cooper's ped is moving to North Carolina in July so I have to find a new ped...BOO! So, I'll have to investigate the other peds in her office or maybe move to another office...I'll worry about this task next week :)

Two cool bits of news~

1. We are meeting Gretchen and Devin today for a playdate! A fellow blogger and preemie mom that I met on BBC! I'm very excited about meeting a preemie mom that will understand adjusted age vs actual age kind of lingo :) Pics to follow!

2. I received an email from the March of Dimes regarding team donations and if your baby was born at Northside Hospital...Guess where Coop was born!!!! So, that brings our Team Lily Angeline total to $3054!!!! Yay!


Coop hanging out with Mommy in bed


A freshly bathed Cooper :) Ahh, is there anyting better than the smell of Johnson and Johnson's lotion on a sweet baby???

Cooper playing SuperBaby with Daddy!


We have discovered and fallen madly in love with our thumb...

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that he is growing by leaps and bounds. that's awesome news.

    praying that the heart murmur heals itself cause we dont want cooper to have to have surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to see that he is doing so well!!! Keep up the good work mama and daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Cooper! He is growing beautifully! It makes us feel really good to see a preemie doing so well. Here's hoping you'll get the good heart news in 6 months. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks SOOOOOO much for supporting the March of Dimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm from the Dec 2009 board on Baby Center, and have been reading your blog for a few months now (I guess that makes me a lurker?!?) :)

    My son has been in PT for torticollis for about 3 weeks & even though he emits some seriously ear piercing shrieks of madness, it has worked wonders! Best of luck with your eval!

    ~ Cressie

    ReplyDelete